Wednesday 6 February 2013

Easy Peasy Student Food

I really enjoy cooking but after a long day of lectures, slaving away in the kitchen is the last thing anyone wants to do. Therefore, I thought I'd share a quick, easy, cheap and healthy(ish) recipe with you  for when you need a yummy pick me up after a hard day at the books.

Yummy Home Made Burgers

All you need for this recipe is:
Some mince (I tend to use around 500g- this makes a rather large batch so I just freeze the excess burgers for when I need them).
Half an onion
One pepper
One egg
A pinch of salt and pepper

Start by slicing up the onion and pepper quite finely. Then, simply bung the mince in a bowl, add the chopped veg, egg, salt and pepper and give the ingredients a good mix with your hands.

Next, just form the mince mix into burger shaped disks in your hands and fry them on a low heat with a little oil until they're cooked through.

VoilĂ , you are done! Told you it was easy!

I serve mine on a bread bun with some yummy salad leaves (lots of spinach and rocket), some cheese shavings, some delicious ale chutney (ketchup is just as good) and a large portion of peas on the side, but these lovely savory treats go with lots of things, so experiment! You can also put different combinations of veg into the mince mix- I like adding some finely chopped garlic and ginger and serving with sweet chili sauce when I fancy something a bit on the oriental side.

Enjoy!

Apologies for the least artsy photo ever- I was hungry and didn't want it to go cold!



3 comments:

  1. Mmmh,this looks very good.^^
    I like your blog.
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.;)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to check yours out! x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin #2.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete